Hi, I’m Natalie!
I’m a tall girl from Wisconsin and started this blog while living in Rhode Island (hence the title). I relocated to New Jersey in 2010 and—after much internal blog-naming turmoil and discovering that I was actually living in the 4th smallest state—decided to keep the name (because my tall-self and I became very attached to it).
What else about me?
- I’m a part-time student at the Columbia Journalism School working toward my master’s degree.
- I wouldn’t go so far as to say I bleed green and gold, but I am a huge Green Bay Packer fan (and owner)—and an avid supporter of all Wisconsin sports, really.
- Running is a big hobby of mine and it’s something that I find immensely enjoyble and challenging (plus, I get to do it all with my amazing husband).
- I love to cook and try new recipes, though I’m a big ad-libber and improviser which is why I rarely bake.
- Being from Brew City, I enjoy a good craft beer and exploring all the new breweries popping up in Milwaukee and around New Jersey, of course.
- I have scoliosis and had a spinal fusion to correct it when I was in high school. My scars make me really proud and I have zero fear of open-back dresses (bring ’em on)!
- My husband and I traveled to New Zealand for our honeymoon and fell in love with the country—we’d go back in a heart beat.